Win a copy of Ann’s new ‘VAT and Property’ book
Ann’s book on VAT and property transactions has been published in February and to mark this occasion the publisher is giving away a free copy. To enter this competition all you need to do is fill in your details below. The competition closes on 15 March 2015 and a winner will be picked at random on 16 March 2015. Please read the terms and conditions below to ensure you understand the rules governing this competition.
What does the book cover?
This book offers clear and practical guidance on the application of VAT to property transactions and is intended to provide assistance to individuals, property businesses and professionals. It covers guidance on VAT and property issues including:
- Introduction to VAT concepts: VAT terminology, legislation, definitions.
- VAT and land transactions – an overview
- Residential property: new build, extension and refurbishment, renovations and alterations, conversions,
- Facilities for the disabled
- DIY house builder
- Listed/protected buildings.
- Residential and charitable use buildings
- Housing Associations
- Commercial property
- The election to waive exemption
- Leases: premiums, surrenders and inducements
- Transfer of a property business as a going concern
- Anti‐avoidance legislation
- Partial exemption and input tax recovery
- The capital goods scheme
- Copies of relevant HMRC guidance and forms on disk.
Win a copy of Ann’s book
To win a copy of the book please enter your details below and click ‘Submit’ to enter the competition. The winner will be announced on 16 March 2015.
COMPETITION IS CLOSED
This competition is now closed and if you wish to purchase this publication please click here.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Ann L Humphrey whose registered place of business is at 3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2RE
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
3. This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom.
4. Closing date for entry will be 15 March 2015. After this date no further entries will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered.
- The prize is not transferable.
- A winner will be chosen at random.
- The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner how the prize will be delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.